Date posted: Fri, 12 Aug 2016
Posted by: Richard Bassett-Smith
The Melbourne University Mountaineering Club will be holding the annual general meeting on Tuesday the 30th of August 2016. The meeting will take place at the clubrooms, 169-171 Berkley St, Melbourne starting at 7:45pm.
All committee positions are up for election so if you’re interested in becoming more involved with the club now is the time to nominate. Nominations for election to the new committee are now open and must be received in writing by Simin (the secretary) by Tuesday the 23rd of August, the easiest way to do this is complete a nomination form and drop it in the box in the clubrooms.
- President and Vice President are the public faces of the club for the university and set the vision for the year.
- Treasurer manages the clubs finances.
- Secretary manages memberships, meeting agendas and minutes.
- Safety Officer (position subject to constitutional approval at this meeting) will be central to encouraging a safety awareness culture within the club.
- Sport Officers (Bushwalking, Ropes, Paddling, Conservation, Mountaineering, XC Skiing) are responsible for managing their relevant sport and encouraging leaders to be running trips.
- Publications Officer, publishes the Mountaineer and manages our social media accounts.
- General Member is a good position if you’d like to get involved but don’t know what position is for you. General members can help out other members as required and may organise a few of the key annual events such as Pie and Slide, Intro Trip or Uni O-Week.
There are two constitutional amendments proposed, one to create the role of a Safety Officer within the committee and the second to ensure one General Member role is filled by a club member who has not been on the committee before.
If you are unable to attend but would like to vote by proxy please ensure your intention of proxy is given to Daniel Cocker (the current President) before the start of the meeting.
Looking forward to seeing you there,
Back to list of announcements