MUMC encourages further safety skills development.
As external training often incurrs a significant fee, the club has established a training fund that helps subsidise training costs for members. This is administered by a volunteer subcommittee which any member is welcome to join. Please email for further information.
Past successful grants include:
- Level 2 first aid
- Wilderness First Aid
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician
To apply, please email and include answers to the following questions:
- Some general info about yourself- who you are, how long have you been participating in MUMC, what sports and level do you participate, and involvement in relevant club trips.
- Why you think you would benefit from the training?
- How will the club benefit from you participating in the training?
- A brief outline of how you may have previously shown other requirements for running club trips- such as your organisational abilities, understanding and following the clubs risk management plan during trips, awareness of issues in the outdoors and of activity specific requirements.
- Course details, i.e. name, provider, planned date(s) and cost.
- Subsidy is generally up to 100% of the cost of level 2 first aid, and up to 50% of the cost of other first aid training for members.
- Applications must be successful prior to undertaking the course and monies will be reimbursed following evidence of successful completion (e.g. completion certificate).
- The subcommittee cannot approve retrospective applications.
- Courses must be completed before the end of the financial year.
Upcoming Training Trips
Tue 10 Oct 2017
Past Training Trips
Tue 12 Sep 2017 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Mon 11 Sep 2017 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Tue 22 Aug 2017
Sun 13 Aug 2017
Tue 27 Jun 2017 8:00pm - 9:00pm