Sat 24 7:00am - Sun 25 Jun 2017 6:00pm
Posted by Rowan M
on Thu, 8 Jun 2017
Leaders: Rowan M
Trip standard: Everyone welcome
Meeting: Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 7:30 pm
The next bush rogaine - a perfect post exams wind down :)
- Location: 110km from Melbourne CBD, between Daylesford and Ballan
- Option to enter on Saturday or Sunday. Same course on both days - enter whichever day suits you best.
- Registration opens 8am, Event runs 10am-4pm both days
- Camping available at the Hash House
- $30 entry fee (plus $10 late fee for entries submitted after 14 June)
- Link to VRA event webpage
Comment here, or come to the trip meeting to find teammates and to organise transport.
Read on below if you don't know what a rogaine is, or haven't done one before.
WHAT IS A ROGAINE?
A treasure hunt in the bush!
Teams of 2-5 people use a map and compass to find marked locations. Points are given for each location visited, with higher points awarded for locations that are far from the starting point or are a navigational challenge. Teams choose their route and collect as many points as they can (or want to) in the time available.
The 'Hash House' is the start/finish location for the rogaine and is also where you'll find the food/admin/first aid tents. All rogaines are catered (included in your entry fee). Meals
typically include cheese toasties, BBQ sausages/hamburgers/veggie burgers, soups, stews, pasta etc. Dessert/cake and hot drinks also available.
HOW TO ENTER
1. These events are organised by the VRA, not MUMC. You must set up a membership account (free) with the VRA to participate. http://vra.rogaine.asn.au/
2. Comment here, or come to the trip meeting to find teammates and to organise transport.
3. Register your team using the online entry system on the VRA website before the closing date.
A late entry fee of $10 applies from 14 June. This fee is waived for people competing in their first rogaine.
WHAT TO BRING
- Compass, first aid kit and whistle. These must be carried while out on the course but can be hired/bought from VRA on the day if needed.
- Water (2 litres), snacks/food to eat while out on the course, sun protection, pens/highlighters to mark your map, comfortable clothes and shoes (i.e. trainers/runners or walking boots), rain jacket if bad weather. Gaiters are highly recommended.
- Plate/bowl/mug/cutlery/chair to use at the hash house
- Camping gear if you are staying at the hash house (tent, sleeping bag, roll mat, warm clothes, breakfast food etc)
Back to list of trips