Thu 22 Jun 2017 12:00pm
Posted by Robert S
on Mon, 19 Jun 2017
Leaders: Robert S, Lingshu L
Trip standard: Everyone welcome
Meeting: Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 7:30 pm
An introduction to whitewater kayaking on our home run from Homestead Rd to Wittons Reserve*. This is suitable for people without any paddling experience, but who are confident swimmers (50m). The water level is usually to be low, so the rapids will be shallow and bumpy, expecting to be grade I-II paddling.
What you need to bring:
- Secure footwear to wear in the boat (must stay on your feet if you are swimming, ie no thongs)
- Water bottle to carry (river water is not safe to drink)
- Sunscreen, hat, whatever you need for the sun
- Clothes to get wet in, preferably synthetic or merino, **no** cotton. You can also hire a wetsuit and/or cag from MUMC (addition cost).
- Towel and clothes to change into at the get-out point
Other details to be sorted out at the trip meeting, please come and talk to me if you are unsure at all about your confidence swimming. Final trip numbers will be determined on Tuesday, once we know how many cars and leaders we have available.
*May change, depending on cars
Back to list of trips