Fri 13 6:30pm - Mon 16 Oct 2017
Posted by Hartley M
on Fri, 29 Sep 2017
Leaders: Hartley M
Trip standard: Intermediate
Meeting: Tue, 10 Oct 2017, 7:00 pm
* Meet at clubrooms at 1830hrs Friday night (if possible, leave earlier, TBC at trip meeting) and drive to Five Mile Road car park. Hike to Barry Creek campground on the Friday night.
* Detailed itinerary of walk - https://www.trailhiking.com.au/wilsons-promontory-northern-circuit/
* Return to Melbourne on Monday evening.
* Moderate level of fitness - able to hike comfortably for multiple days over challenging terrain.
* Advanced bush skills - comfortable navigating an indistinct track, ability to cross hazardous terrain such as rivers and deep mud, knowledge of wilderness first aid and be able to treat common injuries/ailments.
* 1 car likely (5 people including driver)
* 3-seasons tent
* Groundsheet (Optional)
* 3-seaons sleeping bag
* Sleeping mat
* Stove + fuel (Optional - if you want hot scoff)
* Cutlery and bowl
* Hydration system (minimum 4L capacity)
* x3 breakfast, x3 lunch, x2 dinner + snacks
* Sunglasses (Optional)
* Toiletries (don't forget toilet paper!)
* Personal first aid kit
* Camera (Optional)
* Layering system (base - ideally thermal, mid & top)
* Dry routine (change of clothes)
* Shemagh/scarf (Optional)
* Rain jacket
* Waterproof trousers (Optional)
* Boots & warm socks
Back to list of trips