Sat 21 10:00am - Sun 22 Apr 2018 5:00pm
Posted by Steven B
on Sun, 18 Mar 2018
Leaders: Steven B
Trip standard: Everyone welcome
Meeting: Tue, 10 Apr 2018, 7:30 pm
The first bush Rogaine of the year! Most of the area not Rogained before or for many years. A 6hr Rogaine on the Saturday (10am-4pm) or on the Sunday (10am-4pm).
- Location: Centred around Hepburn Springs approx 1.5hrs drive NW of Melbourne
- Option to enter on Saturday or Sunday. Same course on both days.
- On Saturday - maps available 8am, event runs 10am-4pm
- On Sunday - maps available 8am, event runs 10am-4pm
- Camping available at the Hash House
- $32 entry fee (plus $10 late fee for entries submitted after 11th April)
- Link to event page on the VRA website
Read on below if you don't know what a Rogaine is, or haven't done one before.
If this is your first Rogaine, and you don't know how to read a map or use a compass, there will be quick navigation training session immediately after the trip meeting....
WHAT IS A ROGAINE?
A treasure hunt in the bush!
Teams of 2-5 people use a map and compass to find marked locations. Points are given for each location visited, with higher points awarded for locations that are far from the starting point or are a navigational challenge. Teams choose their route and collect as many points as they can (or want to) in the time available.
The 'Hash House' is the start/finish location for the rogaine and is also where you'll find the food/admin/first aid tents. All rogaines are catered (included in your entry fee). Meals typically include cheese toasties, BBQ sausages/hamburgers/veggie burgers, soups, stews, pasta etc. Dessert/cake and hot drinks also available.
HOW TO ENTER
1. These events are organised by the VRA, not MUMC. You must set up a membership account (free) with the VRA to participate. http://vra.rogaine.asn.au/
2. Comment here, or come to the trip meeting to find teammates and to organise transport.
3. Register your team using the online entry system on the VRA website before the closing date.
A late entry fee of $10 applies from 11th April. This fee is waived for people competing in their first rogaine.
WHAT TO BRING
- Compass, first aid kit and whistle. These must be carried while out on the course but can be hired from the Club or bought from VRA on the day if needed.
- Water (2 litres), snacks/food to eat while out on the course, sun protection, pens/highlighters to mark your map, comfortable clothes and shoes (i.e. trainers/runners or walking boots), rain jacket if bad weather. Gaiters are highly recommended.
- Plate/bowl/mug/cutlery/chair to use at the hash house
- Camping gear if you are staying at the hash house (tent, sleeping bag, roll mat, warm clothes, breakfast food etc). Available: Friday and Saturday Night.
Back to list of trips