Sat 23 - Sun 24 Jun 2018
Posted by Caio S
on Tue, 5 Jun 2018
Leaders: Caio S
Standard: Everyone welcome
Meeting: Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 12:00 am
A 2 x 6hr Rogaine on the Saturday (23rd, 10am-4pm) or on the Sunday (24th,10am-4pm).
Early bird entry fee: ends in June 13.
Location: South of Chewton, the Castlemaine Diggings National Heritage.
WHAT IS A ROGAINE?
A treasure hunt in the bush!
Teams of 2-5 people use a map and compass to find marked locations. Points are given for each location visited, with higher points awarded for locations that are far from the starting point or are a navigational challenge. Teams choose their route and collect as many points as they can (or want to) in the time available.
The 'Hash House' is the start/finish location for the rogaine and is also where you'll find the food/admin/first aid tents. All rogaines are catered (included in your entry fee). Meals typically include cheese toasties, BBQ sausages/hamburgers/veggie burgers, soups, stews, pasta etc. Dessert/cake and hot drinks also available.
HOW TO ENTER
1. These events are organised by the VRA, not MUMC. You must set up a membership account (free) with the VRA to participate. http://vra.rogaine.asn.au/
2. Comment here, or come to the trip meeting to find teammates and to organise transport.
3. Register your team using the online entry system on the VRA website before the closing date.
4. Final instructions, which include the start location and how to get there will be available on the VRA website in the week before the event.
$32 entry fee + transport costs. MUMC refunds $10 after the event. Speak to Rogaine deputy, Treasurer or Walking Sports Officer for more info.
A late entry fee of $10 applies from 13 Jun. This fee is waived for people competing in their first rogaine.
WHAT TO BRING
- Compass, first aid kit and whistle. These must be carried while out on the course but can be hired from the Club or bought from VRA on the day if needed.
- Water (2 litres), snacks/food to eat while out on the course, sun protection, pens/highlighters to mark your map, comfortable clothes and shoes (i.e. trainers/runners or walking boots), rain jacket if bad weather. Gaiters are highly recommended.
- Plate/bowl/mug/cutlery/chair to use at the hash house
- Camping gear if you are staying at the hash house (tent, sleeping bag, roll mat, warm clothes, breakfast food etc). Available: Friday and Saturday Night.
Back to list of trips