This trip has been cancelled


Bushwalking



Fri 22 6:00pm - Sun 24 Jun 2018 9:00pm

Posted by Jack M on Wed, 6 Jun 2018
Leaders: Jack M
Trip standard: Intermediate
Meeting: Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 7:30 pm


POSTPONED: Would you believe it, gonna postpone another trip. Part of the battery system still hasn't arrived in Aus, so we may as well wait until we can test the system properly.


Why do we do this? I'm not sure, but I do like the hut. It's probably going to be raining and cold, the hut won't be much warmer than outside and you'll probably want a tent indoors, but we'll do it anyway.

I'll ace my exam on Friday then we'll shoot on out to the hut. Approx. five hour drive to Harrietville. I prefer the NW spur (resort entry fees for the Razorback in winter) and would be willing to head straight up if we've got an experienced crew who want to get it done, but I'm also open to camping in the valley and heading up in the morning. The walk up will take 3.5-5 hours.

We'll hopefully have a few things to carry up, likely a mounting system for the solar panel, the lighting system, a new rooftop vent, power tools and miscellaneous building materials. No pressure for anyone to carry more than they want, it's already a tough walk without bonus weight.

I'm going to take off the week and stay at the hut until the next weekend, does anyone want to stay up there with me? We'll have to sort out some arrangement with cars.

Leave the hut midday on Sunday, walk to the cars and y'all will drive home while I enjoy the sunset.


Back to list of trips