Sun 2 Jun 2019 7:30am
Posted by Lingshu L
on Fri, 31 May 2019
Leaders: Lingshu L, Robert S
Meeting: No meeting
Introduction to whitewater kayaking on the Yarra's Warburton section. This is suitable for people without any paddling experience, but who are confident swimmers (50m comfortably). The water level is fairly low, so the rapids will be shallow and bumpy, expecting to be grade I-II paddling.
What you need to bring:
- Secure footwear to wear in the boat (must stay on your feet if you are swimming, ie no jandals)
- Water bottle to carry (river water is not safe to drink)
- Sunscreen, hat, whatever you need for the sun
- Clothes to get wet in, preferably synthetic or merino, **no** cotton. You can also hire a wetsuit and/or cag (waterproof raincoat) from MUMC.
- Towel and clothes to change into at the take-out point
As this is a last minute trip, please "sign up" to this trip before Saturday 5pm, and I will email and/or call you to confirm your spot before Saturday 7pm. If you have any questions, you can post a message below and I'll respond to you promptly.
Back to list of trips