Sat 26 - Sun 27 Aug 2023
Posted by Nicole H
on Fri, 4 Aug 2023
Leaders: Nicole H, Bernhard A
Meeting: Tue, 22 Aug 2023, 6:30 pm
*meeting time has changed to 6:30pm on Tuesday 22nd August
An hour and a half away from Melbourne, the Brisbane Ranges is perfect for anyone looking for a little weekend escape to the bushes.
The trail is a 32km circuit loop and 864m elevation gain. There are some track closures so a small part of the trail will be detoured via management tracks but we should still be able to enjoy large sections of the Burchell trail.
Day 1 (19km)
- Meet at clubrooms 845am, ready to leave by 9am
- Get to Butchers Road Carpark 1030am
- Lunch break at Crossings picnic grounds
- Camp at Old Mills Campground
Day 2 (13km)
- Break camp and head off around 830am
- Stop at Stoney Creek picnic area for a snack break
- Follow the trail to pass through Nelsons lookout, and aiming to reach the carpark around noon
- Stop by The Old Workshop Cafe in Anakie along the way for some lunch and drinks before driving back to clubrooms
Overall a relatively chill overnighter. There are basic toilet facilities and a fire pit at the campground, but no water tank so be prepared to carry 3-4 litres of water and some extra for cooking as well. Although the trip is listed as beginner, the track is reported to have some fallen trees that require hillside scrambling so please get in touch if you're unsure about level of fitness or have any questions!
See below for map:
Back to list of trips