Thu 7 - Sat 9 Dec 2023
Posted by Bernhard A
on Sun, 29 Oct 2023
Leaders: Bernhard A, Molly F
Meeting: Tue, 5 Dec 2023, 7:00 pm
Join us on a hike through remote alpine terrain to visit The Crinoline and Mt Tamboritha.
This allegedly stunning hike includes significant elevation and requires good navigation skills, so we have set the standard as Advanced, meaning you need to be an experienced, self-sufficient hiker who has prior experience with multi-day hikes and can carry at least 2 days worth of water with them. Please chat to us if you have questions about your suitability.
Thursday 7th December:
- Meet at clubrooms at 5pm
- Drive from clubrooms to Breakfast Creek Campsite, 3.5hrs, stop for dinner on the way if necessary
- Camp at Breakfast Creek Campsite
Friday 8th December
- Depart camp at 8am
- Walk clockwise around the circuit approx. 20km to reach campsite (many places to camp on route, so it’s flexible)
- Camp for the night
Saturday 9th December
- Depart at 8am in the morning
- Walk up to Mt Tamboritha, then a long descent back to Breakfast Creek Campsite.
- Drive home Sat arvo/evening. We will stop for dinner on the way home if it’s getting late.
See the Alltrails route here: https://www.alltrails.com/en-gb/trail/australia/victoria/the-crinoline-to-mount-tamboritha-loop
Back to list of trips