Sat 6 Aug 2016 6:00am - 9:00pm
Posted by Luke F
on Mon, 25 Jul 2016
Leaders: Luke F, Gina S, Gopi M
Meeting: Tue, 2 Aug 2016, 7:30 pm
In order to encourage friendly interaction and relationships between the clubs, the idea has been formed to run some cooperative back-country ski trips with MUSKI. To kick things off, this is a fairly casual day trip planned to Mt Stirling on the weekend of the 6/7th of August. Saturday or Sunday to be decided, and we may delay due to conditions.
1. Leave Melbourne 6:00 am
2. Arrive Mt Stirling roughly 9:00-9:30am (depending on the traffic)
3. Ski up to summit, and Dugout/Stanley Bowls, play around on the slopes and tracks near there.
4. Lunch at one of the huts near the summit
5. Make our way back down to carpark by 4:00pm
6. Possible dinner in Mansfield
7. Drive home
Capping this trip at 20 people, roughly 10 from each club, and we're looking for 4 MUMC people willing to lead. This is an intermediate level trip, looking for people who've skied before.
Preference will be given to leaders (until we have the number required), people with cars and people who show up for the meeting on the preceding Tuesday. So sign up/come along to the meeting anyway if you are one of these people because often the number on here is not indicative of those that show up on Tuesday.
Back to list of trips