This trip has been cancelled
Sat 13 Jul 2013 7:00am - 8:00pm
Posted by Ryan J
on Thu, 4 Jul 2013
Leaders: No leader
Meeting: Tue, 9 Jul 2013, 7:20 pm
No snow on the mountains close enough for a day trip and is going to be raining at all the resorts this weekend so cancelled the trip.
Not enough snow at Lake Mountain so have to change the destination. Will check the forecasts tomorrow afternoon and discuss at the trip meeting before making a decision as to resort or trip duration.
At the moment it looks like it may be raining on Saturday. Options open are a day trip, camping on the Friday and returning on the Saturday evening or if I can get another trip leader splitting with some coming back Sunday afternoon.
This trip is suitable for complete beginners to get a feel of skis or people looking to work on skating or classic technique for the hoppet or in general.
Options include skiing on the medium weight touring gear that the club hires out or hiring some light trail gear to work on classic/skating technique for about $35 from a ski hire along the way.
Costs will be about $25-35 for fuel, chains (if cars don't have them) and resort entry plus whatever gear hire you need.
Back to list of trips